Paddling Safety Task Force
Top 10 Safety List
- Take an on water course for safety & paddling.
- Wear your properly fitted lifejacket at all times on the water.
- Understand cold water safety.
- Check high water conditions prior to launching.
- Check weather conditions and plan accordingly.
- Bring water and snacks for long days on the water.
- Have a first aid kit and cell phone in a dry bag.
- Leave your itinerary with someone and estimated time off the water.
- Have a safety check list.
- Know your limits.
Top Safety Links:
Safety Task Force Partners:
Dam Simulator Plans
Want to Build your own Dam Simulator? We have the plans for that.
When presenting the Dam Simulator, Please make sure you recognize:
Illinois Paddling council
Sigrid Pilgrim, president of the IPC at the time the Dam was Built
Dam Simulator Design and Engineering: Susan Sherrod
Dam Builder: Joel Neuman, B&N Products, Palatine, Illinois, USA,
And the Baxter foundation for their funding of the project…
Additional info in ACA web site: http://c.ymcdn.com/sites/www.americancanoe.org/resource/resmgr/sei-educational_resources/article_dam_simulator.pdf