This fund assists the development of instructor trainers and advanced level Instructors (ACA Level III or above) and certified instructors residing in Wisconsin, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, and Michigan.
A one-time $500 honorarium will be awarded upon completion of necessary training and presentation of evidence of certification in any paddling discipline as:
- An American Canoe Association Instructor Trainer, or Instructor Trainer Educator
- A United States Canoe Association Trainer
- A British Canoe Union Level 5 Assessor
A one-time $150 honorarium will be paid to those individuals who present evidence of certification in any paddling discipline as:
- An American Canoe Association Instructor Level III or above
- A British Canoe Union Coach 3
These honoraria are designed to reimburse successful trainees for part of the costs incurred during the certification process. No one may receive more than one honorarium. Awards will be made until the fund is depleted.
To ensure the fund will not be depleted – watch for a special raffle announcement to benefit the fund. We gratefully acknowledge the following contributions made already:
- LL BEAN – $200 Gift Certificate
- NORTHWEST PASSAGE – Two SUP class certificates valued at $50 each
If you are a business – please consider contributing to the raffle with a product donation or gift certificate.
If you are a paddler, you can make a donation at http://www.illinoispaddling.info/heartland-fund/